When Should a Non-Profit Organization
Hire Its First Development Director?
The short answer is sooner rather than later! If a non-profit organization is beginning to ask whether it needs a professional development director, it probably should have hired one months, even years ago.
The biggest mistake non-profits make in hiring their first development director is waiting until the board, executive director, and other key personnel have arrived at a consensus that one is needed NOW. An organization that…read the full article
Raise-Funds is dedicated to providing information that can help nonprofit organizations survive and grow. Content falls into three main areas:
- Articles written by experienced nonprofit managers and fundraisers.
- A blog calling attention to whatever catches the fancy of site managers and contributors.
- Curated content drawn from online and other sources.
Raise-Funds was founded by Tony Poderis. It’s main contributors have been Tony Poderis, Dave Patterson, and Joyce Braun Poderis. The site is managed by Dave Patterson with generous assistance from Zuri Group.
It’s a Great Day to Fund-Raise
Most Viewed Articles & Posts in Past Week
- In-Kind Gifts: How to Acknowledge and Recognize Them
- Can One Non-Profit Donate Money To Another?
- A Development Director Needs More Than “a Smile and a Shoeshine,” But It’s a Good Start
- Development Director Job Interview Questionnaire
- Capital Campaigns: Building for Now
- Positioning Grant Writers For Success
- What’s a Good Director of Development Worth?