What’s the Real Cost of a Fundraising Opportunity?
Every fundraising opportunity has three categories of costs. One is obvious, the second is obscured by the opportunity itself, and the third is investment inherent in the structure of an organization. The first is always considered when deciding whether to pursue an opportunity. It is a direct cost. The other two are indirect. One of the indirect costs forms an either-or question and is often neither seen nor considered. The other is a question of capability. The three categories of opportunity costs are….read the full article
Raise-Funds is dedicated to providing information that can help nonprofit organizations survive and grow. Content falls into three main areas:
- Articles written by experienced nonprofit managers and fundraisers.
- A blog calling attention to whatever catches the fancy of site managers and contributors.
- Curated content drawn from online and other sources.
Raise-Funds was founded by Tony Poderis. It’s main contributors have been Tony Poderis, Dave Patterson, and Joyce Braun Poderis. The site is managed by Dave Patterson with generous assistance from Zuri Group.
Most Viewed Articles & Posts in Past Week
- In-Kind Gifts: How to Acknowledge and Recognize Them
- Can One Non-Profit Donate Money To Another?
- A Development Director Needs More Than “a Smile and a Shoeshine,” But It’s a Good Start
- 12 Things You Should Know About Setting A Capital Campaign Goal
- Development Director Job Interview Questionnaire
- The Name Is the Game: Memberships and Named Gift Opportunities
- Sponsorships and Underwriting Campaigns: Would You Please Fund Our…?