A capital campaign is a fundraising campaign that usually raises a large amount of money for purposes such as constructing a building or purchasing major equipment. Think of it as a campaign for raising money to fund the acquisition of anything that would be capitalized on a balance sheet.
These days just about any fundraising campaign that will rely on large gifts for the bulk of funds raise and is in support of a single purpose is referred to as a capital campaign.
Articles about Capital Campaigns
Most Viewed Articles & Posts in Past Week
- In-Kind Gifts: How to Acknowledge and Recognize Them
- Can One Non-Profit Donate Money To Another?
- A Development Director Needs More Than “a Smile and a Shoeshine,” But It’s a Good Start
- 12 Things You Should Know About Setting A Capital Campaign Goal
- Development Director Job Interview Questionnaire
- The Name Is the Game: Memberships and Named Gift Opportunities
- Sponsorships and Underwriting Campaigns: Would You Please Fund Our…?